Its weird because i haven't kept any and i don't feel bad at all.
I wonder if it makes me a bad person that i don't feel bad.
I wonder if things could have gone differently, or if this is just the way things have to go. I mean i honestly have no reason to feel bad about not seeing a lot of the people, i mean they weren't really all that likable. Its not as if i don't have any regrets regarding these people, i genuinely miss a few of them. Then i think, would they fit in with the me i am now? would we even have anything to say to one another? i mean we'd catch up, but would there be any more? or would it just be weird?
After considering my situation, i think of how other people i know have faired regarding this. I think about the good and the bad, and i don't see nearly enough good. I imagine the couples i can think of that graduated together: exactly one still exists, but i don't think it could really be any other way. I contemplate how friendships of other people have had. The ones that kept the friends from high school don't have the same friendships they did in school, and the ones they kept were not always healthy.
In foil to these unhealthy relationships, i have been lucky enough to keep good friends from high school. Not all of them, but a few.
Its weird to think about, and a little saddening.
One of my best friends from high school i don't speak to anymore. I'm not sure why, not sure at all. There could be a lot of reasons we drifted apart. But when i look back on it, and i mean honestly look back on it, without nostalgia, i could have seen it coming.
Why are these posts so serious?
Fuck
-Mopey

you make cooler friends in college anyways
ReplyDelete